August’s #BookoftheMonth is Malorie’s thrilling YA book Noble Conflict. Check out Malorie’s introduction to the book below…
Kaspar is an idealist, a strong believer in justice and doing his civic duty. He didn’t hesitate to join the Guardians to protect his way of life, at constant threat from the Insurgents. Kaspar is fiercely loyal, sure that what he is doing is right and the Insurgents he’s fighting against are not just wrong, but evil – until he meets one, Rhea. Kaspar thrives on certainty, on knowing what he’ll be doing today, tomorrow, next week, next year. To move outside what he thinks he knows is to move way outside his comfort zone.
Rhea has never known anything but conflict. She is fighting against not just an oppressive regime but a huge propaganda machine which grinds its enemies to dust without mercy. This has made her outwardly ruthless and determined, but this outward persona hides a girl who is sick of war and tired of fighting. Rhea is tired of waking up afraid each day and going to bed the same way. She longs for normality and is willing and able to fight – and die – to get it.
NOBLE CONFLICT PLAYLIST
We asked Malorie to put together a playlist of tracks she thinks captures the mood of Noble Conflict… enjoy!
Noble Conflict Re-tweet to Win T&Cs
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 13 years or over with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entrants between 13 and 16 years old must ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that fail to be recorded for any reason by the dates upon which the random prize draw takes place and cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of entries due to technical problems or network difficulties. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and will not be counted.
- Only one entry per person and no entrant can win more than one prize. Entrants found to be using multiple accounts to submit multiple entries shall be disqualified.
- Entrants must enter using only a Twitter account registered in his/her name. Winners may be required to provide Promoter with proof that he/she is the authorised account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning entry.
- To enter, retweet the original tweet by @PenguinPlatform by 23:59 GMT+1 on Friday 19th August 2016.
- Entrants will be entered into a prize draw which will take place before 20:00 GMT+1 on Wednesday 24th August 2016. One winner shall be drawn at random and notified via direct message before 23:59 GMT+1 on Thursday 25th August 2016.
- The winner will have 14 days to confirm acceptance of his or her prize otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner who shall also have been randomly selected.
- The prize for the winner is a signed copy of Noble Conflict. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By taking part in the promotion, the winner acknowledges that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- To obtain details of the winners please email YA@uk.penguingroup.com stating the name of the prize draw ‘Noble Conflict Giveaway Winner’ in the subject heading.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.